Trainee Spanish Teacher
Salaried Initial Teacher Training to QTS for Languages Graduates within schools
Full-time – Various North West
Teaching Apprenticeship Programme
Are you currently working as an unqualified teacher, teaching assistant or classroom support staff keen to secure QTS? Or maybe you are looking to move from a role outside of education into a career that is more fulfilling.
We are proud to be supporting a forward thinking and expanding Academy Trust in the North West. With schools covering the Bolton, Cheshire and Merseyside LA’s. This is a huge opportunity to start a successful teaching career which could develop throughout the Trust.
We are looking for graduates who have the potential to be an excellent classroom practitioner, who can work well within a team, who will value each pupil as an individual and who will play a significant part in the development and growth of the Academy.
All classes are set based on academic groups and data is extensively used to track, monitor and inform intervention for our students. The Academy fully embraces modern pedagogy and this is reflected in our approach to ICT which is fully integrated into classroom teaching. All students have their own iPads which are used extensively to support independent learning. It is expected that the appointed apprentice will be hard working, resilient and demonstrate the following qualities:
· An excellent knowledge and love of their subject
· The ability to convey that knowledge with enthusiasm
· The ability to make the lessons interesting and relevant to their students
· The ability to manage the classroom in a calm, just and fair manner
· The ability to generate self belief in our students and raise aspirations
· The refusal to accept excuses for low performance
· A deep-rooted respect for our students and the learning challenges that they face
The Teaching Apprenticeship programme provides a fee-free, salaried route for graduates to enter the teaching profession and gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) within 1 year. We are currently looking to assist languages graduates working in the North-West (and surrounds)
A snapshot of the requirements and further information about the Teaching Apprenticeship Programme are below:
· Spanish Trainee Teacher role – QTS Awarded
· Completely fee-free training programme
· Salary upwards of £18,169
· April 2021 start date (and each month thereafter)
In order to apply for this role, you will need to meet a few minimum requirements, without exception, including:
· Bachelor degree with Honours in Modern Foreign Languages (2:2 or above)
· GCSE C/Level 4 or above in English and Maths; preferably an A-Level in Spanish also
· A passion for languages and confident abilities in presenting/teaching/tuition
· Someone who is committed to putting the needs of children first
· Someone who strives to be an excellent practitioner and is always reflecting on best practice
· An Ofsted-accredited “good” Initial Teacher Training provider
· Programme developed by a director with experience with Ofsted and other teacher training providers
· Retention rates for the Teaching Apprenticeship Programme at 82%
· Dedicated teacher training advisor to support you every step of the way
· In-school mentor to support you alongside your personal tutor
Whether you’re a graduate individual looking for an excellent programme to secure your QTS or an experienced school worker looking to do more with your degree and progress in your career – apply now!