Trainee Computing Teacher – Salaried Initial Teacher Training
If you’re a graduate of IT or Computing and looking for a teacher training programme that enables you to earn a salary in addition to experiencing life inside the classroom, then this particular role as a Computing Trainee Teacher based in Bolton could be ideal for you!
We are working in collaboration with a large group of schools in delivering an exceptional training programme and salaried route to QTS. This diverse partnership has schools throughout the Greater Manchester area, in addition to some opportunities elsewhere. The school in question is offering a Computing Trainee Teacher role for a summer 2021 start is Essa Academy.
Situated in Bolton, the school is easily accessible by road and has good public transport links. This school was last inspected in 2018 and was considered to need improvement. The experienced senior leadership team have addressed this immediately and restructured key areas and have recently appointed strong senior leaders in key subject areas.
As a Trainee Computing Teacher, you can expect to gain experience across year groups and key stages throughout your twelve month programme. Additionally, you will have access to excellent resources throughout your year as an apprentice.
The successful Trainee Computing Teacher will be someone who can meet the below requirements:
– Completed a Bachelor of Honours in an IT or Computing field (2.2 or above)
– Right-to-work full-time in the UK; you must have been based within the UK/EU for the three years prior to application
– Excellent subject knowledge in IT
– GCSE’s C or above in English and Maths (or equivalent)
– Seeking responsibility and further experience within the classroom; you will be teaching from term one
– The ability to support, challenge and inspire students – encouraging them to be their best
– A strong classroom presence to achieve high levels of student engagement
This is an excellent opportunity for a Computing Trainee Teacher looking to begin or further their career in a well-run, thriving and successful school community. Applications are encouraged from experienced Teaching Assistants or Tutors who are looking to secure their QTS, or also from newly-graduated individuals looking to kick start their career.
What they can offer you:
– Trainee Computing Teacher role
– Salary – Upwards of £18,169
– A wonderfully diverse learning community to learn and train to teach in
– An exceptional teacher training programme over 12 months (QTS qualification)
– Fee-free alternative to University-based routes
– A faculty consisting of specialist teachers and classroom support staff
– Comprehensive CPD programmes and continuous support from a Personal Tutor and Teaching Mentor
Apply now to Trainee Computing Teacher to be considered for interviews!