Teaching Assistant to TAP
Teaching Apprenticeship Programme – Teaching Assistant to TAP – London
Are you a graduate who is thinking about going into teaching?
Want to gain some more experience before you begin your formal teacher training?
Here at the Teaching Apprenticeship Programme, we are searching for graduates who are interested in a career in teaching to join our Paid Teacher Training course. We work with a range of schools across the country to find training places for graduates such as yourself, all throughout the year.
The Teaching Apprenticeship Programme is 12 months long, completely free from fees, and is a Paid Teacher Training opportunity – Which means that you will be paid a competitive salary throughout your training period, without having to pay for the usual tuition fees associated with other Teacher Training routes.
This opportunity is the Teaching Assistant to TAP route, meaning you will have the chance to begin working initially as a Teaching Assistant before you begin your official teacher training in September, giving you plenty of time to immerse yourself in the culture and environment found within a school.
As a Trainee Teacher on the Teaching Assistant to TAP course, you will be able to work within a class from day one as you will be assisting experienced teachers in the classroom during their lessons as preparation for your formal training in September – giving you a wealth of hands on experience that will boost your personal and professional development.
In September, you will be ready to take on more responsibilities and to begin teaching your own classes under the watchful eye of your assigned mentors. This practical training will be underpinned by the two written assignments you will complete throughout the year that will give you a solid understanding of the theory of pedagogy.
Some of the benefits of the Teaching Assistant to TAP course include:
- The programme is fee free
- Being able to earn a salary while you train, as well as receiving a discount on travel within London
- Gain more experience working in a school before you qualify, so you are more prepared for life as a newly qualified teacher.
- Become a key part of your school, receive both internal and external support, and really understand what teaching is all about on a day to day basis
The entry requirements for the Teaching Assistant to TAP course are:
• A commitment to make a difference.
• The ability to inspire and motivate.
• Previous experience working with young people is desirable.
• A 2.2 Bachelor’s degree or above.
• Grade C (or equivalent) in GCSE Maths and English