Teaching Assistant to TAP
Teaching Apprenticeship Programme – Teaching Assistant to TAP – London
Are you a Teaching Assistant looking for an opportunity to gain your Qualified Teacher Status?
Want some more classroom experience before you begin your training?
Here at the Teaching Apprenticeship Programme, we are on the lookout for graduates who are passionate about going into teaching to join this Paid Teacher Training course. We are working with schools across the South of England and London to place graduates into classrooms for a September start so they can being their journey towards Qualified Teacher Status.
This is the Teaching Assistant to TAP route, meaning you will be able to begin working as a Teaching Assistant before you start your formal training in September, giving you plenty of time to immerse yourself in the schools culture and ethos before you jump straight in.
The Teaching Apprenticeship Programme is one year long, is fee free, and is a Paid Teacher Training opportunity – Meaning that you will earn a competitive salary whilst you train, without having to pay for the costs associated with training.
As a Trainee Teacher on the Teaching Assistant to TAP course, you will find yourself in a classroom from day one; assisting experienced teachers in the classroom whilst preparing for your formal training in September – giving you a wealth of hands on experience that will boost your personal and professional development.
In September, you will be ready to take on more responsibilities and to begin teaching your own classes under the watchful eye of your assigned mentors. This practical training will be underpinned by the two written assignments you will complete throughout the year that will give you a solid understanding of the theory of pedagogy.
Some of the benefits of the Teaching Assistant to TAP course include:
- The programme is fee free
- Being able to earn a salary while you train, as well as receiving a discount on travel within London
- Gain more experience working in a school before you qualify, so you are more prepared for life as a newly qualified teacher.
- Become a key part of your school, receive both internal and external support, and really understand what teaching is all about on a day to day basis
The entry requirements for the Teaching Assistant to TAP course are:
• A commitment to make a difference.
• The ability to inspire and motivate.
• Previous experience working with young people is desirable.
• A 2.2 Bachelor’s degree or above.
• Grade C (or equivalent) in GCSE Maths and English