Salaried Teacher Training – Wandsworth and Greater London
The Teaching Apprenticeship programme provides a fee-free, salaried route for graduates to enter the teaching profession and gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) within 1 year.
Teaching Apprenticeship Programme is open to applications from a number of subject areas in both Science and Humanities. You will be employed by the school for a minimum of 12 months during your Initial Teacher Training (ITT). After 9 months you will achieve Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and then complete a final assessment, known as an End-Point Assessment, to pass the apprenticeship. Your training will be delivered by a DfE approved ITT provider.
Minimum requirements for our Teaching Apprenticeship Programme include:
- The equivalent to a grade 4 in GCSE English and mathematics. If you intend to teach primary aged pupils, you will also need a grade 4 GCSE in a science subject.
- A degree awarded by a UK higher education provider, or a recognised equivalent qualification.
- Successfully completed the professional skills tests in numeracy and literacy.
Apply today so you can benefit from:
- On-the-job training with experienced educators in a classroom environment
- Salaried route to gaining your QTS
- Various starting dates throughtout the year (October 2019, December 2019, January 2020)
- Work with a personal tutor on a 1-2-1 basis