Salaried Teaching Apprentice
Salaried Teacher Training
Are you passionate about teaching? Completed an undergraduate degree and looking for the next step towards your dream career? Want to gain on-the-job training as you work towards your QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)? Working in partnership with a number of well-respected trusts and federations throughout London, the Teaching Apprenticeship Programme matches you as a graduate to a school that will seek to train you up as a fully-qualified teacher. As a salaried teacher training route you will be paid a competitive salary and have the cost of your apprenticeship covered in full. We currently have opportunities available for September starts so if you are a graduate then get in touch today!
- Complete apprenticeship in your local area in just over 12 months gaining your QTS
- Work in a paid position with no fees for your training
- On-the-job experience within the classroom
- Earnings of up to £29,088
What subject areas can you train in?
Under the apprenticeship you will be matched to train in a subject that relates closely to your undergraduate degree i.e. Engineering degree – Physics and/or Maths teacher training, English Studies degree – English teacher training etc. Training within some of the best secondary schools in London (our schools are rated ‘Good’ and above by OFSTED) you are sure to gain best practice in teaching in addition to furthering your subject knowledge whilst gaining QTS under salaried teacher training. Subjects that we are most eager to see graduates apply for include those with degrees related to the following;
MFL Spanish (Ideally with another language)
MFL German (Ideally with another language)
MFL French (Ideally with another language)
What are the entry criteria?
- All candidates must have at least a C grade (or equivalent) for GCSE maths and English (Overseas qualifications must be combined with a NARIC certificate)
- You must have a minimum of a 2:2 honours degree, preference will be given to those with higher grades
- A degree in one of the areas outlined above or highly related field
- You must be a British citizen OR a citizen of an EU member state, have right to work in the UK and have been residing in the UK/EEA for the past 3 years
- Experience of being in the classroom or working in an educational setting would be preferential but is not a prerequisite
What are we looking for in an applicant?
Due the high volume of applications for Teaching Apprenticeship Opportunities and a limited number of places, only those applicants who have met the minimum requirements will be selected for consideration. In addition to this we will be looking for specific personal qualities that can set you apart as a future educator. Qualities we are looking for in you are;
- An eagerness to get into the classroom and begin your career as an educator
- Subject-knowledge in the area with which you studied as well as a passion for that subject
- Dedication to delivering a quality education to all students you work with in the future
- An ability to reflect on any prior experiences of working with children and young people in schools or any other settings
Apply now! Should you be successful in your application we will be in touch via phone or email to validate the information submitted. From there we will advise the next steps in applying for salaried teacher training.