Paid Trainee Teacher
Paid Trainee Teacher – West London
Train as a fully qualififed secondary school teacher here in West London with the Teaching Apprenticeship Programme. Under our Paid Trainee Teacher route you can secure your QTS (Qualififed Teacher Status) with placements commencing both January and April 2020 – why wait until September?
Develop your skills as an educator over the course of 12 months whilst building a portfolio of work including two written assignments; an experience-focused programme, your workload will be light in comparison to other teacher training routes as the apprenticeship is dedicated to providing you with that hands-on experience.
At the close of your 12 month apprenticeship programme you will graduate with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and be ready to continue your experience as a teacher with your placement school. Once you qualify, you’ll start on a salary of at least £24,373, or £30,480 in inner London. As your career progresses, so will your salary – teachers in leadership roles can earn on average £58,881, with many earning significantly more.
We have training opportunities available from as early as January 2020 so dont delay in applying!
In order to be eligible for an apprenticeship you must have the following:
– 2:2 degree or higher in a relevant subject
– C grade or higher in GCSE Maths and English
– Experience working within education is desirable but not essential
What benefits are available to you?
- The programme is fee free
- Secure Qualified Teacher Status
- Being able to earn a salary while you train, as well as receiving a 30% discount on travel within London.
- Gain more experience working in a school before you qualify, so you are more prepared for life as a newly qualified teacher.
- Become a key part of your school, receive both internal and external support, and really understand what teaching is all about on a day to day basis
Applications for placements starting April 2020 are now open. Submit an application today and you will be placed on our waiting list – once a suitable placement becomes available we will contact you; due to the number of applications we receive we will not be able to speak with you on the phone regarding your application until such time as a placement is available.