Paid Teacher Training
The Teaching Apprenticeship Programme is a 1 year Salaried Teacher Training course that awards Qualified Teacher Status, or “QTS” upon completion. This is a school centred Salaried Teacher Training course that will see you working and learning within the classroom as you gradually develop your teaching competencies to the required standard. You will be employed by a school as they work in conjunction with our training provider to deliver high quality training to you.
The programme is fully salaried, and completely free from fees for you! Your training school will cover all costs associated with training and assessment, leaving you to focus fully on your teacher training.
You will get the opportunity to teach and make an impact in the lives of pupils from day 1, whilst being supported by experienced tutors on a Salaried Teacher Training course that is designed around your individual needs!
There will be 2 written assignments involved, but the focus of the training is to allow you to develop on the job by getting ample amounts of practical school experience. As a result, some teaching experience is preferred, but not necessarily required.
Here at TAP we are able to offer a recruitment service to both schools and trainees, which means that we may be able to help arrange interviews with partner schools for you. You are also able to search for your school – We are more than happy to speak with your schools to answer any questions they may have and how we can get you started on this Salaried Teacher Training course.
Regardless, our team of advisors will want to find out more about you so we can figure out the best options available to you.
Some of the benefits of this Salaried Teacher Training course include:
- The programme is fee free
- Being able to earn a salary while you train, as well as receiving a discount on travel within London
- Gain more experience working in a school before you qualify, so you are more prepared for life as a newly qualified teacher.
- Become a key part of your school, receive both internal and external support, and really understand what teaching is all about on a day to day basis
Entry criteria for all Salaried Teacher Training programmes:
- Honours degree (ideally 2:2 or above)
- Secondary training – Cs or above in GCSE (or equivalent) English & Maths
- Primary training – C’s or above in GCSE (or equivalent) English, Maths and Science