Paid Teacher Training
Seeking a free route into teaching that will allow you to earn a salary whilst you train for your Qualified Teacher Status?
Introducing the Teaching Apprenticeship Programme: a 1 year long Paid Teacher Training programme that is fee free for you. You will work towards your Qualified Teacher Status by training within a classroom, developing your skills through a work based training course where you will find yourself teaching and observing other teachers. You will also work on 2 written assignments throughout the year that will develop your knowledge of pedagogy.
A professional teacher training tutor will be assigned to you from the training provider, alongside an experienced teacher from your school who will act as your mentor, which will ensure you have the correct support structure around you that is required. As this is a Paid Teacher Training route, you will earn a competitive salary on the Unqualified Teachers Scale, as well as your school covering all costs associated with training and assessment for QTS.
The Teaching Apprenticeship Programme are working to find places for graduates on this Paid Teacher Training course, with the majority of our schools located in the South of England and London. Our advisors want to know more about you so they can find the ideal school for you. Should you pass our initial screen, you will be invited to complete our full application with the final step being a formal interview with your placement school.
Some of the benefits of this Paid Teacher Training course include:
- The programme is fee free
- Being able to earn a salary while you train, as well as receiving a discount on travel within London
- Gain more experience working in a school before you qualify, so you are more prepared for life as a newly qualified teacher.
- Become a key part of your school, receive both internal and external support, and really understand what teaching is all about on a day to day basis
To explore your Paid Teacher Training options immediately, apply now and begin your journey!
Entry criteria for all Paid Teacher Training programmes:
- Honours degree (ideally 2:2 or above)
- Secondary training – Cs or above in GCSE (or equivalent) English & Maths