Maths Teacher Training Apprentice
Maths Teacher Training Apprentice
Qualification achieved at end of programme: QTS
Teaching Apprenticeship Programme is currently looking for graduates in those all-important STEM subjects – particularly Maths. Under our salaried teacher training route you will work towards your full QTS teaching qualification within one year whilst being paid a competitive salary. Working in your chosen secondary school for a whole year on the apprenticeship will prepare you for your first year as a fully qualified teacher in education. Additionally there are many benefits of working as a Maths Teacher Training Apprentice:
- Ability to start at any time in the year (we accept applications and arrange placements not just in September but at any point in the academic year)
- The opportunity to work in your placement school on a paid basis before the programme starts
- The chance to gain QTS after 12 months in a paid position with no fees for your training
- Earnings of up to £25,000
- Opportunities in your local area and beyond
Support & guidance throughout the application process
The Teaching Apprenticeship Programme aim to help graduates to simplify the overwhelming amounts of information about teacher training as well as managing the process of finding a school and enrolling on the course. In addition to finding you a suitable school, aiding you in the application process and ensuring the course doesn’t cost trainees any money to enrol, we also organise regular webinars with our specialist advisors so we can answer any questions or fears you might have in regards to teacher training. Our next one is Tuesday 26th March at 3pm so check out our Twitter page @teachingapp or contact us for more information! Alternatively register at: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/1425812991586485260
How to apply and what is required
Due to the nature of the role as a Maths Teacher Training Apprentice we understand that the application process can be difficult – we are here to help! Application process for the programme will include applying online either here or via our website whilst also submitting a concise CV aimed at teacher training. Should your online application (including a statement on your education, any relevant experience and desire to train) be successful this will then be followed by a short phone interview with one of our advisors. Once we have a relevant placement secured we will assist you with interview preparation for meeting the school. Our advisors will be able to provide you with all the information you need to make an informed decision on which school and which Paid Teacher Training course would be best for you.
We are looking for trainees that are passionate about teaching and learning, excited about their subject area and are eager to take on the challenge of the Teacher Apprenticeship programme. As a Maths Teacher Training Apprentice you will inspire the younger generation of Mathematicians and possibly future educators like yourself – so passion is key!
- 2:1 or 1st Class degree in a Maths-focused area (in rare cases we can accept 2:2 with exceptional GCSE’s and A-Levels)
- Cs or above in GCSE Maths, English & Science
- Fluent English – both written and spoken skills to a high standard
- Experience of working with children/students is desirable (but not essential)
- Must have been living in the UK, EU or EEA for the last 3 years consecutively
- An ability to communicate with enthusiasm and relate to young people in the classroom
If you do not have a Maths-based degree but are interested in training in another subject we also accept applications for the following subjects depending on your degree; Biology, Chemistry, English, Engineering, Geography, MFL – Spanish (ideally with French) and Physics.