Geography Trainee Teacher
If you’re a graduate of Geography and looking for a teacher training programme that you can start in April 2021 and enables you to earn a salary in addition to experiencing life inside the classroom, then our Teaching Apprenticeship Programme could be the route for you!
We are working with a school in Broadstairs, based in the Kent area. They want to support a Geography Trainee Teacher in securing their QTS qualification through our programme, which will see the successful candidate work in the classroom, teaching their own cohort of students, earn a salary and receive the support of a Teaching Mentor. We will also assign you a Personal Tutor for development towards your assessment for your teaching qualification. The school will also likely have consideration for a possible appointment as an NQT following your year as a Geography Trainee Teacher.
This school is part of a trust which includes an Ofsted-graded ‘Outstanding’ institute, something this secondary school is striving towards. Although currently requiring some improvements, the Ofsted report for this school has acknowledged that “Leadership at all levels has strengthened since the school joined the trust. Leaders have been tireless in tackling the areas of weakness and are having a demonstrable impact on improving the school.”
As a Geography Trainee Teacher, you can expect to gain experience across year groups and key stages throughout your twelve month programme. Additionally, you will have access to excellent resources throughout your year as an apprentice.
The successful Geography Trainee Teacher will be someone who can meet the below requirements:
– Completed a Bachelor of Honours (BSc or BA) in Geography (Minimum 2.2 classification; 2.1 or above is preferred)
– Right-to-work full-time in the UK without restriction; you need to have been ordinarily resident in the UK, EU or EEA these last three years (since April 2018) for eligibility
– Passionate about teaching and working with students to achieve their goals
– Experience in tuition and/or teaching is a positive but NOT a requirement
– Good subject knowledge in Geography
– GCSE’s C or above in English and Maths (or equivalent – necessary)
– (Preferably) an A-Level in Geography
– Seeking responsibility and further experience within the classroom
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to begin or further their career in a hard-working and developing school community. Applications are encouraged from experienced Teaching Assistants or Tutors who are looking to secure their QTS, or also from newly-graduated individuals looking to kick start their career.
What they can offer you:
-Geography Trainee Teacher role – QTS Awarded!
-Salary – Upwards of £18,169
-April 2021 start – don’t wait until next September!
-Kent area (Broadstairs)
-An exceptional teacher training programme over 12 months (QTS qualification) ; you will receive a quality level of teacher training
-Fee-free alternative to University-based routes
-Continuous development and support from a Tutor and Teaching Mentor
Apply now and submit a clear, concise yet impressive CV to be considered for interview for this role!