Food Technology Trainee Teacher – Hull – Salaried route to QTS
If you’re a graduate and looking for a teacher training programme that enables you to earn a salary in addition to experiencing life inside the classroom, then this particular role as a Trainee Food Technology Teacher based in Hull could be ideal for you!
We are working with a school in Hull to deliver an exceptional training programme and salaried route to QTS. The school in question is Winifred Holtby Academy based in HU7.
Winifred Holtby Academy is a large academy with over 1300 students on roll. They have a positive and engaged student body and a caring, dedicated and talented staff. The school is set in the city of Hull. The catchment area predominantly covers North Bransholme and the surrounding areas.
In the most recent Ofsted inspection in July 2019, inspectors praised the strong leadership and management of the academy, recognising our improvements and the considerable moral purpose behind our leadership decisions. They also recognised the benefits that student’s gain from our broad and ambitious curriculum and the positive attitudes and behaviour of our students in lessons and around the academy.
As a Trainee Food Technology Teacher, you can expect to gain experience across year groups and key stages throughout your twelve month programme. Additionally, you will have access to excellent resources throughout your year as an apprentice.
The successful Trainee Food Technology Teacher will be someone who can meet the below requirements:
– Completed a Bachelor of Honours in a related field (2.2 or above)
– Right-to-work full-time in the UK; you must have been based within the UK/EU for the three years prior to application
– GCSE’s C/4 or above in English and Maths (or equivalent)
– Seeking responsibility and further experience within the classroom; you will be teaching from term one
– The ability to support, challenge and inspire students – encouraging them to be their best
– A strong classroom presence to achieve high levels of student engagement
This is an excellent opportunity for a Trainee Food Technology Teacher looking to begin or further their career in a well-run, thriving and successful school community. Applications are encouraged from experienced Teaching Assistants or Tutors who are looking to secure their QTS, or also from newly-graduated individuals looking to kick start their career.
What they can offer you:
– Trainee Food Technology Teacher role
– Salary – Upwards of £18,169
– A wonderfully diverse learning community to learn and train to teach in
– An exceptional teacher training programme over 12 months (QTS qualification)
– Fee-free alternative to University-based routes
– A specialist Food Technology suite
– Comprehensive CPD programmes and continuous support from a Personal Tutor and Teaching Mentor
Apply now to Trainee Food Technology Teacher to be considered for interviews!