Computer Science Trainee Teacher
If you’re a graduate of Computer Science and looking for a teacher training programme that enables you to earn a salary in addition to experiencing life inside the classroom, then Teaching Apprenticeship Programme could be the route for you!
We are working with an Ofsted-graded Good school in the Hackney area in order to secure them a Computer Science Trainee Teacher to start April 2021. The school in question encourages learners to achieve their full potential with high expectations; routines and rituals create a calm and orderly environment where all students can learn and the school puts a focus on aspiration, creativity and character.
Examination results here are excellent, so a solid subject knowledge is required; although this is the case, the school aims to teach each cohort to value knowledge and education and to understand how to use it to better themselves, their community and society as a whole. As a Computer Science Trainee Teacher, you will become a big part of the student’s daily work to achieving their academic goals and supporting them on their path to becoming who they want to be in their future.
Based in Hackney, this recently refurbished and high-achieving school is easily accessible by road or public transport. As a Computer Science Trainee Teacher, you can expect to gain experience across year groups and key stages throughout your twelve month programme. Additionally, you will have access to excellent resources throughout your year as an apprentice and a supportive working environment.
The successful Computer Science Trainee Teacher will be someone who can meet the below requirements:
– Completed a Bachelor of Honours in a Computing or Computer Science field (2.2 or above minimum – preferably a 2.1, as this school does have high expectations)
– Right-to-work full-time in the UK; you must have been based ordinarily in the UK for the last three years prior to application
– Passionate about teaching and good subject knowledge in Computer Science
– GCSE’s C or above in English Language and Maths (or equivalent)
– (Preferably) An applicant would have an A-Level in Computer Science/Similar
– Seeking responsibility and further experience within the classroom; you will be taking on the role of teacher throughout your programme
– Confident presentation and/or teaching/tuition skills
This is an excellent opportunity for a Computer Science Trainee Teacher looking to begin or further their career in a well-run, thriving and successful school community. Applications are encouraged from experienced Teaching Assistants or Tutors who are looking to secure their QTS, or also from newly-graduated individuals looking to kick start their career.
What they can offer you:
-Computer Science Trainee Teacher role
-Salary – Upwards of £22,849
-A wonderfully diverse and challenging learning community to learn and train to teach in
-An exceptional teacher training programme over 12 months (QTS qualification awarded)
-Fee-free alternative to University-based routes
-Continuous development and support from a Tutor and Teaching Mentor
Note: You are not eligible for the programme if you have been awarded QTS already.
Apply now to be considered for interviews for Computer Science Trainee Teacher!