TAP IS DELIVERED BY OUR TEACHER TRAINING COMPANY E-QUALITAS.
e-Qualitas is the leading provider of Teaching Apprenticeships in England.
|TEACHING QUALIFICATIONS||QUALIFIED TEACHER STATUS|
|FEES & FUNDING||SALARIED TRAINING / NO FEES|
Teaching Apprenticeships are a nationally recognised, work-based route into teaching.
In addition to working towards Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) on successful completion of the course, apprentices will also complete an end-point assessment (EPA) after the summer to consolidate learning from initial teacher training.
It is an alternative to a traditional full-time university course, offering a postgraduate-level qualification, no tuition fees, and the opportunity to earn while you learn.
• Postgraduate Teaching Apprenticeships are available for prospective primary and secondary school teachers in England.
• You’ll be employed by a school while you learn on the job. In some cases, this may be a school you’re already working at, or have an existing relationship with.
• If you’re currently working as an unqualified teacher or teaching assistant, it offers new opportunities for career progression, plus higher earning capacity, recognition, and status.
• You’ll receive a combination of classroom teaching and off-the-job training as you work towards Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
e-Qualitas also offers an optional integrated PGCE qualification as part of this teacher training route.
You will be employed directly by a school when completing a Teaching Apprenticeship.
Unlike School Direct (salaried) programmes:
• Postgraduate Teaching Apprenticeship programmes combine paid work with on and off-the-job training. The design of the programme has been led by a group of experienced schools and teachers, specifically for apprentices
• Apprentices will split their time between school and study. You’ll receive practical, school-led training alongside experienced staff, and spend at least 20% of your time off-timetable to learn the pedagogy of teaching
• In addition to working towards QTS on successful completion of the course, apprentices will also complete an end-point assessment (EPA) after the summer to consolidate learning from initial teacher training.