To apply for a place on a Teacher Training course with e-Qualitas, or any other teacher training provider, you’ll need to meet the following requirements before you can be accepted onto a training programme.
• Hold an undergraduate degree awarded by a higher education provider in England or Wales, or hold a recognised equivalent qualification.
• Achieved a standard equivalent to grade C/4, or above, in the GCSE examinations in English and mathematics.
• If you intend to train to teach pupils aged 3 – 11 (early years and primary), you must also have achieved a standard equivalent to a grade C/4, or above, in a GCSE science subject examination.
What do we look for in an Applicant?
• The personal attributes we have found that make for a successful trainee teacher are; motivation, ability to learn from experience and act on feedback, capacity for hard work, perseverance, creativity, empathy, good organisational skills, and a liking for young people
• Good academic potential and good qualifications are also a requirement. We are keen to work with graduates that have achieved GCSEs at grade C / 4 or better and a 2.2 honours degree or better. We will consider other qualifications, eg a 3rd class honours degree, if you are able to demonstrate good academic potential by other means.
• Some in-school experience, if possible would be helpful and demonstrates your interest in becoming a teacher.
• An ambition to make a difference by becoming an inspirational teacher.
You can make an application for a DfE-funded teaching apprenticeship place via UCAS if you’re planning on a September start.
If you want to make an application for places at other times of the year, or without DfE funding, you can apply via our TAP application form.
Information for trainees
Get into Teaching
Apprenticeship standard and the end-point assessment plan for the teaching apprenticeship.